Thursday, November 14, 2013

Reverse Mortgage Exposed Video - Different Ways to Receive Your Money


Reverse Mortgages




“I’m retired and my income is low. I have a lot of equity in my home, but it does me no good unless I sell the house. But I need a place to live! I wish there was a way to stay in my home and stop making mortgage payments. I would love to get at some of that equity to pay for prescriptions, medical costs and spoiling my grandchildren. Can’t the lender just let the interest build up on my loan and collect it later after I die? Right now I need a break!”




Home Equity Conversion Mortgages (HECMs), commonly known as reverse mortgages, are Federal Housing Administration insured low-interest home loans for seniors (over 62 yrs) that require no payments EVER as long as the seniors live in the home. Existing loans can be paid off and equity can be drawn out to pay for medical expenses, living expenses, or whatever the borrower chooses. The maximum loan amount is a percentage of the home’s value determined by the age of the youngest homeowner.



Since no interest is paid by the borrowers, interest accrues on the note each month, but is not collected until after the death (or permanent vacancy) of the all borrowers on the note. Lenders assume the risk that the loan balance might become greater than the value of the home. Borrowers retain ownership of the home and can sell the home or refinance the loan to a regular loan later if they choose. Reverse mortgages can also be refinanced later on with a new reverse mortgage to pull out more equity if the home value increases substantially.



Getting rid of monthly mortgage payments and using the nest egg built up over the years can really ease the stress of retirement for seniors. Knowing that their home can never be taken away is also a great relief. The loan does not have to be repaid until the last surviving homeowner permanently moves out of the property or passes away. At that time, the estate has 12 months (with no required payments) to refinance the balance of the reverse mortgage or sell the home to pay off the balance. All remaining equity is passed on to the heirs. If no equity remains in the home, the estate can simply walk away with no liability. The estate is not liable if the home sells for less than the balance of the reverse mortgage.



Purchase a Home with a Reverse Mortgage

Reverse mortgages can be used to purchase a home. For example, seniors that wish to downsize can sell their existing home, make a large down payment on a smaller home, and finance the rest with a reverse mortgage. Then, no payments will need to be made for life.



Call us today just to see how much money you can get.



801-277-5100


No comments:

Post a Comment